Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:20:13 -0700
From:         "Keith & Lynn C." <clayard1@NETCOM.CA>
Subject:      Re: Third brake lights (tack-free)
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@IBM.NET>

Parallel them. Around 15 ma draw thru each one, calculate 1.4V across each one, use a 1kohm resistor, 1/4W as a series current limiter for each. 1 per LED. This way, if one goes out, you don't have to play the "Christmas light game" and guess which one is bad. High intensity LEDS are available but they draw a little more current. Would need a lower value resistance, but probably 1/2 W would be needed Cheers, Keith 81 Westy 230k km