Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2000 07:43:57 +0100
From:         margie reyes <mreyes@TVI.CC.NM.US>
Subject:      Cat question again

Hi, it's me (Margie) again. I have another question. What kinds of problems do you experience if your cat is clogged? Is it difficult to gut a cat, or is that considered inappropriate (or rather; Just not nice for people who appreciate clean air)? Our van has not been running to good after we got it out of the shop. If you don't remember they told us our dual carburetors need to be rebuilt and maybe even replaced. When we were driving it home there was white smoke (not a lot) coming out of the tail pipe (and there was not smoke before we took it in). A friend told us they might have made it run richer to make it run smoother. They also tightened up the throttle spring so it's hard to press on the gas. The idle sometimes is real smooth and steady, but after driving it for awhile when you come to a stop you have to press on the gas to get it not to die. It's also started spitting stuff out of the tail pipe(thus the cat question). Any ideas? Any suggestions and advice would help and be much appreciated. oh....one more thing...I was closing the passenger door and the window fell into the door. The window will roll down but not up. We took the door panel off and have the Haynes book with a window diagram, but we are still having trouble figuring out why it won't roll up. Thanks for all your help!! Margie ; )