Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:21:45 -0700
From:         "J. C." <jcblues@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear table fix wasRe: To table or not ...
Comments: To: Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>

Table talk...

Catching this line late, but let me share what I did to make my tables more user friendly: Cut short segments off an old 10-speed innertube and slid them onto the table posts so that the knobs/clamps would grab them rather than the bare metal. I did this b/c grooves were developing in the metal. besides protecting the table posts, it made the table much smoother to swing, and can be locked down really firm for traveling. I started w/ a little talc to help them slip on, but you really don't need it... When you loosen the knobs to swing the table, you will need to loosen them more than before.

Jim Carter 84 Westy: the Orange Violin

--- Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > After having a hook in the wall and a loop on the > table rip out a few times, I came up with something > else on my lunchbreak one day last year. > > I just cut a section of 4X4 oak that was left over > from a job I was working on, made it just the right > length to fit between the back edge of the cabinet > door trim and wall without sliding out. Then of > course being the perfectionist that I seem to be > becoming I had to take a router to the edges, and do > a > coat of stain, pre-sander and 2 coats of > lacquer..... > It fits in there tight, doesn't rattle, and looks > pretty too. > > Mark > > > > --- Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET> wrote: > > Problem with self adhesive velcro is that in hot > > climates the glue backing > > just melts and pulls off. If you want it to really > > stick... apply contact > > cement to the glue surface of the velcro and on > the > > spot where you intend to > > stick it. Wait 10 or 15 minutes... press the two > > contact cemented surfaces > > together... wait 24 hours to use... It will now > not > > peal off in the heat of > > Arizona. > > Bill > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Mark Watts <MVAone@AOL.COM> > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 1:57 PM > > Subject: Rear table fix wasRe: To table or not ... > > > > > > >Simple fix for the rear table. Self adhesive > > velcro; put strips two (loop) > > on > > >table horizontally. Put hook strips verticaly on > > panel. Mine never moves > > and > > >never rattles. > > > > > > > > >Cheers, mark > > > > > > > ===== > Mark > > 87 Westfalia Gl > 84 Scirocco 8v > > http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/ > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. > http://invites.yahoo.com >