Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:03:48 -0400
From:         John Fried <john@DATAKNIGHT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Love - Reprise

John Fried (that's me!) wrote: > > Seriously, are these busses really that unreliable or am I just hearing > from the "vocal minority" who have had problems. (No offense meant) What > is the reliablilty factor for an '85 Westy?

WOW!!! Twenty well thought out and informative replies to my concerns about reliability! I don't know how to thank you all for the time and effort you spent to quell my concerns -- other than to promise to take good care of my '85 Westy and practice the teachings of Alfred E. Newman, "What? Me worry?" (^_^)

As I get older (and I did post my question on my 59th birthday), time doesn't seem to matter as much. Heck, 1985 wasn't that long ago -- nahhh, it can't be 15 years ago, can it? How easy it is to forget the age of a vehicle that has fewer miles on it than my 4-year old car has. I have always kept our vehicles in good repair and they have served us reliably. With the help of you fine people, I will do the same with our Westy.

That said, and since this is Friday, I would like to offer a message I read in a bar in California in the early 60's that fits this discussion quite well;

WHY WORRY? ========== There are only two thing to worry about; Either you are sick or you are well. If you are well, there is nothing to worry about. If you are sick, there are only two things to worry about; Either you will be cured or you won't. If you are cured, there is nothing to worry about. If you aren't, there are still only two things to worry about; Either you will live or you will die. If you live, there is nothing to worry about. If you die, there are still only two things to worry about; Either you will go to Heaven or you will go to Hell. If you go to Heaven,, there is nothing to worry about. If you go to Hell, you'll be do darned busy shaking hands with old friends you won't have time to worry!

Have a happy, worry-free weekend and thanks again,

John