Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:27:32 -0600
From:         George A Lehman <geolehman@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      One owner 1982 Westy for sale

Dear List,

Am relocating and reluctantly have come to the conclusion I should put my van up for sale to help pay for a lake home. This is more to mollify the little lady than anything else. Theoretically I will not be travelling as much as all monies will be going to a new mortgage for a while.

Price: $4800 firm, One owner, Full westy, brown, air cooled, 120,000 mostly highway miles (but used daily in city this past year lately). Located in Wisconsin. Commmuting bewteen the Racine (Chicago-Milwaukee) and Superior (Duluth MN) areas while relocating.

Gas heater, rebuilt (Canadian VW factory) engine about 20,000 miles ago according to owner of parts van - was vandalized beyond repair and I picked it up for parts. No oil leaks, minimal consumption if speeds kept under 70 on hyw. Compression at about 110 all around when I installed it. Strong engine up grades etc.

Newly replaced after market, and spare factory heat exchangers. New stainless exhaust from Bus Depot w/o cat. but have smogged stuff (poor condition) stashed. Replaced gas tank with rust free California tank 4 years ago.

"New" used tranny this fall to replace one with bad synchro cluster. Works great.

Just replaced both master cyl and two rear brake slaves this past year, clutch slave about 2 years old.

Replaced top seals about 3 years ago,

Body good with relatively minor seam rust over LP tank and I just noticed some stain in seam near back passenger corner. A quarter size bubble on lower drivers door, (note spare doors below).

Spares: front seats, doors, grill, most fuel inj. parts, alternator, fuel pump, AFM, ECUs, gas tank, bumper, speedo cluster and misc. Taken from donor van and friends smashed van.

A rebuildable core 2.0 liter and tranny.

Interior good condition, all camping gear OK except DC fridge operation has been fickle lately, likely needs contacts cleaned. The factory wall paper has been removed from part of headliner which has a nice natural wood look.

Trailer hitch. Have not hauled anything with new motor but used to haul boat cross country and over mountains, probably responsible for shorter life of replaced components.

New shocks last year, new front lower ball joints last summer. Replaced some front end componenents and grommets two years ago.

Trailer hitch. Have not hauled anything with new motor but used to haul boat cross country and over mountains, probably responsible for shortened life of replaced components.

email geolehman@juno.com (best) or call 1-715-394-3115 (me) seldom home until 8-9 in PM.

________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.