Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:40:46 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Getting ready for Campbelltown, PA show!

Anyone else going to the Campbelltown, PA (not far from Hershey) VW show next Saturday? I have been going to this show for the past three or four years and it is always a nice show with lots of folks looking to sell parts, swap parts, talk about VWs, and some nice vehicles for show (no drag racing, yipee!). I'll have a stand there and would love to meet some more of the List folks this year. I met Ed Henkle, and Mark Upton last year. Would love to meet more folks. If anyone wants me to specifically bring anything they want to see let me know. I will be bringing:

Projecktwzo lower fog light grille kit Power window kit Darrell's Famous Digitool SA 15" Alloy Wheels (on my van) SA grille (four round headlights) and lots of other parts to sell and swap. If you need anything let me know and it will save you the cost of shipping.

I was checking the van over today getting ready for next weekend. I usually have a great running van up to the day of the show. Then the morning of the show the van will start messing up on me. First show a small exhaust leak became larger and larger until finally one of my crossover pipes fell off (Harley city! Vroom!). That was in my '85. Last year my '91 van started running really crappy the morning of the show (something about all of those parts piled up over the engine compartment lid). I stopped at a local grocery store and bought some brake cleaner. Cleaned the cap and rotor up with scotch brite and she was back in business.

This year I decided to trick the van and fix it early. Fixed a nagged wheel bearing noise on Thursday (I will post a whole 'nother one about this one because it turned into a nightmare) and today as I replaced cap and rotor (PM) and ran the van I noticed that the alternator was making a sound like it was full of rocks. So I am really glad I checked her out early. With a new alternator installed she should be good to go. She already has two new heads with gaskets, new fuel lines, new plug wires, new plugs, new coolant temp sender, new Air Flow Meter, new Water Pump, so why not a new alternator? Next on the list is all new coolant hoses.

Sorry for the rambling, and hope to see you folks at the show!

Thanks, Ken Wilford http://www.vanagain.com John 3:16 Phone: (856)-765-1583 Shop: (856)-327-0027 Fax: (856)-327-2242