Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:57:14 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: faucet hook up
Comments: To: Adam Puzerewski <puzerewski@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

Some of the early Westy LED panels have a provision which disables the sink pump whenever the water tank is very low or empty. You can tell if your panel is one of these by looking at the left row of 4 LEDS. If the 2 bottom ones are red you have one of these types. On most panels this is a green LED which indicates a lit pilot for the fridge. If you look at the circuit board for this type of panel you will see a power transistor that performs this function. I disable this function because the water tank level circuit gets flaky with age and then the faucet might not run the pump even when there is water in the tank. This function was not important and was left off in later years. Also this type of LED panel may have a red LED near the small toggle switch and this LED may be used for the pilot indication. Sometimes this LED is present but not connected as the early fridges sometimes had a small panel meter inside the fridge to tell you when the pilot was lit. The wire from the pilot thermocouple can be connected to either the panel meter or the LED panel so it is hard to say which one is active in any given Westy without tracing the wires.

Mark

Adam Puzerewski wrote: > > On my 81 Westy. I installed a later model faucet. There is a green and > black wire coming off of this. The pump connects to a connector with a > yellow and black wire in it. There seems to me no hot wire at the pump. I > have removed the pump and jumpered it to the battery and it works. I cannot > figure out how to make it operate in conjunction with the faucet switch, > though. Help! > > Adam Puzerewski