Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:06:50 -0400
From:         Mike Barfield <barfield@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Fridge problems

I'm a first-time westy owner and got my van last weekend. The engine is blown and doesn't run. Today for the first time I ran 120v to the van to see what would work. Plugged a trouble light to the inside plug. Eureka! POWER! Next plugged light into the plug in the cabinet under the sink. MORE POWER! (Wife is looking on and can't understand joyful glee) Following the instructions in the manual and printed on the fridge for 120v nothing happened. No noise, no cold, nothing. I then put a charger on the dead battery. Headlights, wipers, horn, dome light, etc. all work. Put fridge on 12v, nothing. Next tried to light the fridge. There is propane in the tank, don't know how much (was able to use stove). Followed instructions on fridge. Tried many times. The best I could do was once I got a loud pop that sounded like it came from the outside vent. Van does not have second battery. Noticed that a fuse is blown in the little box next to the bottom of the drivers seat (the fuse on the right). Don't have any extra fuses, but plan to replace ALL fuses this weekend. I plan to leave the charger on the battery all night (with cables removed). Anyone got any ideas why 120v isn't working?

Mike Barfield '84 Westy (Looking for name ideas)