Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Apr 2000 08:07:16 -0700
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: VCs for Syncro
Comments: To: WFryer <william.fryer@worldnet.att.net>

William, Well, it seems impossible to say which is the best VC replacement.. the new ones or the rebuilt ones.

The rebuilt ones can only be considered experimental at this point.. but one nice thing is they have a warranty... and they seem to be less aggressive so they may be easier on our aging transmissions... but I suppose that could change as these rebuilt VCs get more miles on the.

On the other hand the new ones would seem to be a safe bet since they are apparently built to stock specifications and should have the life expectancy of 100k or so... But they may be harder on the transmission.

It does occur to me that in a year or two... if the rebuilts seem to be working out and the new ones still seem to be a bit stiff or too aggressive, a guy could ship his new one to the rebuilder and just have the fluid changed to the less aggressive formula.

But for now my new VC seems to drive okay... I don't notice the steering being heavy, but then I have never driven it with the drive shaft out.... but then again, the steering doesn't catch my attention as being unreasonably less responsive compared to my 95 SUV which handles like a sports car... So I can't see changing anything... I'll she how it handles after driving a couple of hundred miles on an Arizona highway in the summer heat :)

Bill 90 Westy Syncro -----Original Message----- From: WFryer <william.fryer@worldnet.att.net> To: Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net> Date: Friday, April 21, 2000 8:49 PM Subject: Re: VCs for Syncro