Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Apr 2000 00:28:23 -0700
From:         Antaki <wrack@HOME.COM>
Subject:      (f) Re: Startling Nissan Ad- No Vanagon content
Comments: To: Otmar Ebenhoech <otlists@EVCL.COM>

Ok. now you've got me started on memory lane, here. Long time ago I had a 1958 VW Van, with a 1600 Dual-Port carb engine in it, amongst other mods.

I liked to play in that van, too.

Once, I misjudged the depth of a small creek I was crossing at ~20mph, and hit it rather hard. The folks in the truck following me said that *all four* of the wheels were airborne coming out of the creek. That little episode caused the rear suspension to "settle" a wee bit, so now the tires had neutral camber, rather than the usual positive camber of those models, ie. the tops of the rear tires were not tilted out anymore. This new adjustment, along with the van's "flexy frame feature" allowed me to turn fast, with the outside rear wheel lifted rather high off of the ground. Never flipped her, although while letting a "trainee" drive it, he took a hard right too fast. I was sitting in the passenger seat, and realized we were going over. I jumped to the wheel and twisted it to the left, brought us all down to safety again. Couldn't let my baby get tipped, you know. I just wish I could have seen what it looked like from behind!

R ô¿õ o Antaki

On the other hand....you have different fingers.