Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Apr 2000 20:40:47 -0400
From:         Justis K Oliphant <aldebaran75@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      1984 1.9 Vanagon Engine FOR SALE!Rebuildable 2.1 wanted+?'s?'s?'s

As of today the engine is still installed in my van and you can hear it run over the phone as I have taped it while in operation.It has 203K and runs strong with heads that don't leak any water.If anyone is interested I will pull the engine myself and put it on a pallet for you,however you pay the shipping which shouldn,t be that much since I can ship anywhere in the continental US for less than $100.The engine does mark its spot when stopped but nothing alarming.The lifters are a little loud after startup but quiet down and it hums down the highway.Selling as is no warranty.Asking $890.00$obo contact: aldebaran75@juno.com,(704)-663-5154,near Charlotte,NC. Are genuine German piston and cylinder sets available for the 2.1,if so how would one go about determining their authenticity inorder to justify paying the markup? What is the largest overbore if any that can be succesfully executed on a 2.1 cylinder without causing failure or adverse performance.I have heard tales of oversized pistons for sale possibly in Japan does anyone know anything pertaining to this question? Has anyone ever tried to hook up a turbo to the 2.1 or know of anyone who has tried and if not then whynot? Regarding the 090-NK 5spd transmission,does anyone here know how they fare as compared to the 4spd in regards to longetivity and time until rebuild.How tough are they?Does anyone know of one for sale anywhere?Where would you find parts? Iam looking for a rebuildable 2.1 or a rebuilt 2.1 using German parts wherever possible,also need to know what is involved in installing the 2.1 in a pre 2.1 '84 vanagon as far as rerouting waterlines and fuel injection differences Digijet vs. Digifant(are they interchangeable,is one better or worse than the other?) Last question(:for today:),according to the Bentley manual the 87 vanagon model has 95hp and all other years(2.1) have 90hp ,why is that?Anyone know? Thanks,Kyle aldebaran75@juno.com ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.