Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:19:29 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Campbelltown, PA Show Report (Not too long)

Well I always thought my van has a personality of its own and now I have proof. After telling about how every year on the day of this show my van messes up on me I thought I had prepared for this year. I did some PM a week ahead of time to get ready, I drove to my former Pastor's house only 30 mins from the show grounds and stayed over night so that the next morning I could get an early start. Got up early and headed out around 7:30 expecting to get there at 8. Got about 15mins into the trip and the red coolant light started blinking. I thought, "No way! Not again!" Pulled into a car lot that just happened to be right there (thank you Lord!) After starting at the back of the van (normal spot for coolant leaks) and working my way up to the front we found the leak above the spare tire. "Great," I thought, "I have every coolant hose on the van (actually several of each) so I should be able to fix this no problem." Well again the van surprised me. The coolant hoses were fine but apparantly the hose clamp that clamps at the end of the plastic pipe had given up. Also it seemed that a metal insert in the plastic pipe (?) had popped out of the pipe a bit. I pushed the whole thing back together and put on a new hose clamp. Tightened it as tight as I dared (the pipe is plastic after all) and on we went. (As I was laying under the van working on it I could here the "clop-clop" of the Amish horse and buggies going by and almost found myself envying them :)

Made it to the show with no more problems (around 9). The show as OK but I didn't sell much. It was nice to see Don Record again this year, meet Mr. Stepto, and Snyder. Also saw Tyler Trotman (list member) and his girlfriend driving his syncro crewcab. I found one decent 14" Vanagon alloy wheel that I bought and then had several other vendors get jealous as I passed carrying it (apparantly they were all eyeing it, waiting for the end of the day to buy it just a little cheaper- too late!) I had a guy basically begging me to buy an aircooled Vanagon tranny from him for a nice price, but I didn't have enough money or room for it. Did get to meet some nice people and just make some more contacts which is really all I go to these shows for anyway (didn't even get to check out the show cars :( We left around 2pm and made it home safe and sound. Hope I didn't miss anyone that came to the show to see me. Time for bed.

Ken Wilford http://www.vanagain.com John 3:16 Office (856)-765-1583 Shop (856)-327-0027 Fax (856)-327-2242