Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:18:21 -0400
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Thanks to all...my fridge works! (finally)

It finally happened....the fridge finally decided to work. Last night I left the gas on...ran the stove for 10 minutes. Then I plugged in the fridge on 110v and left it.

When I got up this morning, the fridge was down to 31 degrees and there was a slight coating of frost on the heat exchanger. So, I figured, what the hell....lets light the gas....switched over to gas....pushed the thermocoupler in....pumped like hell and lit it...it made a popping noise....but in a minute or so I saw heat trails coming out of the vent...SUCCESS! I ran it for a few hours, drove around, etc., and it still stayed lit.

The only remaining (minor) problem with the stove is that the LED doesn't work, but that's another fish to fry for another day.

Thanks to all who sent suggestions on how to get it to work!

Ric