Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 May 2000 10:32:56 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Special on 2.1l Vanagon Waterpumps and coolant parts!

I just got in a shipment of genuine VW waterpumps for the 2.1l Vanagon. These are VW pumps in the original dealer boxes with the seals you need to change the pump out. Normally I sell these for $50, but for a short time I will include the two hoses that I recommend changing when changing the pump (one that is under the crank pulley and the other one on the pump itself) and the clamps you need to put them on all for $50. If you want just the pump without the hoses then these sell for $45.

This is a limited offer and I don't know how long these will last. As it has been said before on the list it is a very good idea to have a spare waterpump in the van with you in case of an emergency (these have been known to fail without much warning). The dealer lists these exact same pumps for $222 so don't kick yourself later for not buying one now. The part number is 025121010C and you can order these on-line through my web store (just put in the "comments" section that you are a list member and I'll give you the discount).

I also have the elusive coolant distributor units for 86-91 Vanagons Automatic and Manual. These units are also known to get brittle with age (plastic) and break apart without warning, sometimes with catastrophic results. I have the unit for the manual transmission Vanagons PN 251121438 for $24 and the one for the automatic Vangons PN 251121438A for $24 also. These are in stock and they are VW parts (the symbol has been scraped off because of copyright issues). This unit lives behind the firewall on the passenger side of the engine compartment and basically looks like a plastic tube with a bunch of nipples coming off of it. I believe the dealer is listing these for $39 from them and then you have to wait for one to be ordered. I have them in stock.

I also have a large stock of German Vanagon Coolant Hoses right now. If you need anything give me a call because I should have it in stock and sometimes at more than 50% off of dealer price.

Thanks, Ken Wilford http://www.vanagain.com John 3:16 Phone: (856)-765-1583 Shop: (856)-327-0027 Fax: (856)-327-2242