Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 May 2000 08:21:51 -0700
From:         Richard Lynch <rlynch@INFOSAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: What speakers to get:
Comments: To: scottse@MICROSOFT.COM

We removed the old front speakers, then used a dremel with a cutting blade to cut the threaded area off of the speakers (taking the old speakers with it). This created a flat speaker cover. Taped cover over our new speakers and then drilled four holes though the edges, used a bigger drill bit from the front to create a little bit of a 'counter sink'. Installed our new speakers by using nice black trim screws though the cover, through the door panel, through the speaker and then into screw clips. Worked perfectly and looks factory except for the exposed screw heads.

In the back we just discarded the old ceiling mount speakers (after destroying the housing trying to get them apart), a nice set of small box speakers with metal brackets bolted into the factory mount holes. Added benefit is these are now dual speakers.

Just an AMAZING difference in sound quality, total cost was about 50 CDN and a couple hours of my time.

Richard Lynch 85 Vanagon