Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 May 2000 19:59:50 -0400
From:         Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Not exactly, was: A rod bender?
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwm@LANSET.COM>

Big differences in the available torque in a push start vs. your 12v starter motor.

4,000 lbs rolling 7 miles per hour could easily bend a rod. Agreed. Our kindred Vanagon owner didn't say, however that he had push-started his van, only that he had cranked it.

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Corporate Communications Counselors www.bulley-hewlett.com Mount Olive, NC USA 877.658.1278 tollfree

"I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera . . . fax mentis incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera . . . memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! -Wonka

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Miller [SMTP:mwm@LANSET.COM] Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 7:24 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Not exactly, was: A rod bender?

Most easy to do, bending the rod, that is. At least in a BMW. Mechanic friend of mine here, Sacramento, has rebuilt [or thrown out] several engines where the injector stuck open, flooded the cylinder and [usually] was push started. Well, they tried to push start.

Mike ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 12:36 PM Subject: Not exactly, was: A rod bender?