Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 May 2000 18:30:55 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sticker BALONEY
Comments: To: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>

Horace,

I've had pleasant e-conversations with you in the past, and hope to in the future.

Right now, I'm pissed. We've been working our butts off on this project, and quite deliberately keeping it off Gerry, since, as you may recall, there was nothing but bitching from the general membership over "wasted bandwidth".

It was announced several (many) times that all conversations relevant to the stickers would be held at another site. I personally do NOT recall receiving any offers volunteering help from Mr. Schiemer? on any forum. If he were that interested in helping, one would think he would have made enough of an effort to reach us that one of us would have remembered it.

The sticker has just finished a test run, and I have taken photos for comparative purposes. It is about to be released. Since the entire effort was done by volunteers, we have been able to keep the price down to under $4 per PAIR. If you would like to donated what it would have cost to have it done by professionals, please feel free to do so.

The comment on brakes WAS a cheap shot, and I'm surprised you would stoop so low as to deliver it. I'll reserve any other comments on that subject, other than to say it was folks like you and Mr. Schiemer who drove Ken from finishing this project himself.

Karl Wolz.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 2:28 PM Subject: Re: Sticker BALONEY