Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 May 2000 22:43:22 PDT
From:         Tony Peet <tpvw@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: Re: Mold stains inside poptop
Comments: cc: rileyk@HOME.COM

I didn't have such a severe mold problem, but I had a very good cleaning experience with Turltle Wax Power (?) Upolstery foam cleaner with 'OdorX". I vaccuumed the flocking first, then applied foam to each section and scrubbed w/ a brush, mopped off the 'dirty foam' with Bounty paper towels, then vacuumed the whole again when dry.

At first I was worried that the 'OdorX" smell was way to strong, but it disippated quickly and the flocking looked and smelled great. This all took longer than I thought, and you'll want to wear protective eyewear (even just sunglasses) and put a towel/sheet down on the foam matress -- both for dripping.......I also brought in an electric fan up there to help with ventilation/drying.

Tony '91 Syncro Westy ('teepee')

(I think a 'secret' here is the Bounty paper towels (!) They really are super absorbent and using clean ones on each section kept the dirt coming off and not spreading).