Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 May 2000 16:34:37 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Primer?

Every time I turn the key to "on" position in my van, I hear the fuel pump run 1 sec, shuts off 1 sec, then runs 1 sec again. This is of course to build the pressure in the fuel system, or to prime, as you put it. This cycle is of course automatic, and should be controlled by a relay or the ECU. I guess there is a small error on your bus that makes the prime switch necessary. What that error may be, I do not know, I do not know the aircooled injection system at all.

PerL 87 Syncro 112i