Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 May 2000 06:39:59 -0500
From:         Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Windsheild Moulding; removal, replacement,elimination

To all who have the notion that the decrotive chrome moulding isn't nesesary, Forget it! Mack Truck has used the same set up for at least 40 years,to retain the windsheild glass ( black rubber locker bead) and if not used, the glass will be loose in the moulding, and it will leak like a seive. I had my windsheild replaced,on my Vanagon and the glass guy, when I asked him specificly about removing the tarnished chrome moulding he told me that if I enjoyed, a wet dash board, leave it out. I did renew the ugly rear window and windsheild mouldings, with very little trouble, using alot of WD-40 and the proper tools. The front chrome moulding cost me $18.00, as did the rear, and I got them at the local VW dealer. The side glass cost $9.00 ea.