Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 May 2000 20:54:27 GMT
From:         Andrew Marshallsay <andrew_marshallsay@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Westie bought in England

At the weekend I became the proud owner of a `87 Vanagon Westfalia.

Nothing unusual there, but I am based in the UK, the vehicle being exported from California a few years ago.

The Van seems in good condition, but a full service on Friday will reveal if I've bought wisely.

The Van is in very original condition, I cannot see any modifications that have been made over the years. There are lots of original Westfalia and California Emmision stickers all over the place.

Once the service is complete, I've got a few things to keep me busy Polish the roof (rubbing compound, and then wax ?) 2nd battery and charging system Install CD-autochanger Charge the gas in the A/C Fire up the fridge (nervously) Rig up 12V TV & Video to the removable seat GPS Porta-potti Purchase and stash all necessary camping gear

Some things on the wish list Modify hookup to 240V ? 15" Wheels and tyres - aftermarket possible ? Awning

Regrets so far Its not a Syncro Wish it had a grill under the hob The wife hates it with a passion :-(

Any other Westie owners based in the UK out there ?