Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 May 2000 21:45:32 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: No oil pressure,
              was: Here's one to rack your brains............
Comments: To: Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>

I had an old Quantum on which some PO had pulled the oil pan. Too tight to buy a new gasket, he used blue silicone sealant instead. When the pan was tightened, a worm of silicone squeezed out and got stuck in the oil pump pickup. So long as I drove it around town, the worst that would happen would be a flickering oil light. When I took it for a long freeway drive to the 7000 foot level, it fried. Always wanted to seize an engine!

Karl ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 5:37 PM Subject: No oil pressure, was: Here's one to rack your brains............