Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 May 2000 10:09:38 -0600
From:         John Andrew <johna@TELLURIDECOLORADO.NET>
Subject:      Re: T****a Vanagon? Was: Re: BusDepot Fuel Tank,have you
              installed one?

This van was called the Hi-Ace. When I worked as a ski guide down in New Zealand, we had four of these in our fleet. We would abuse these things up and down rutted mountain roads every day and they ran flawlessly. I also came across them in central Africa where they were also punished on the roads there. They would stuff 12 people in them and just let them fly. I have seen camper versions of these in New Zealand and England. If I could find one here in the U.S., I would be tempted to make the switch. They are a bit smaller than a Vanagon and the camping set up does not quite meet the standards of a westy, but the reliability factor just might overcome this. I have had my 1984 T***** Landcruiser for seven years now and all I have had to repair was the fuel pump and the clutch slave cylinder.

John Andrew 1980 and 1984 Westy's -----Original Message----- From: Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 6:14 PM Subject: Re: T****a Vanagon? Was: Re: BusDepot Fuel Tank,have you installed one?