Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 May 2000 13:33:03 EDT
From:         Steve Lashley <ThingGuy@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Carver Technology to Close (Carver P4 Heaters)
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

Some of you may remember my report last fall that Carver Technology who makes the P4 heaters that I sell, was bought out by their competitor, Truma of Germany.

I received a fax yesterday from Carver announcing that as of July, 24, 2000, they will close the factory and will no longer be manufacturing any heaters, or other propane products.

They will however, continue to supply replacement parts and service and will honor any warranty.

I have contacted Carver and arranged to purchase any left over completed P4 heaters when the factory closes. The current plan is to build only to current orders, and if everything goes as planned, there will not be any heaters left.

If I receive any discounted units, I plan on offering these to listmembers at whatever discounts I can negotiate. I will not have any further information on discounted units until July, so please be patient and wait for me to post details. Also, I will not be placing any new orders with Carver other than the arrangement to buy any left over units.

I'm not sure if I will be offering the Truma units as replacements for the Carver heaters or not. The Truma units are very similar and have some added features. The downside is that they are more expensive.

Those of you that have purchased the heaters from me the past 2 or 3 years, I will continue to offer support as long as I can, and will assist with any warranty issues if they arise.

I have one spare unit in stock that I will keep until at least next fall in the unlikely case that any P4 sold in the past year fails.

I think those of us that have installed the P4 will continue to have a great little heater to use well into the future, and we are fortunate that Truma will continue to support the product.

Steve Lashley '66 Westy '74 Campmobile '93 EV MV <A HREF="http://eurocampers.com/">http://EuroCampers.com</A> 314-614-0750 Importing German Side Tents, Carver Propane Heaters and other Accessories for Bus, Vanagon and EuroVan