Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 May 2000 12:41:12 -0700
From:         Steve Schwenk <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [Syncro] Westy/vanagon floorplans? + heater!!]]
Comments: To: Per Lindgren <LINDGRE@ONLINE.NO>
Comments: cc: Syncro <Syncro@egroups.com>

The heater Arnie would build, if he builds it, would be the safest on the market...just like the Plat Cat, which is the ONLY heater to have UL approval for use in a camper...or maybe the only catalytic heater. They are vented. They automatically shut of if current drops below 12v, if there is an interruption in the gas line, or if the temp gets too high, i believe. Plus they are power misers, perfect for the vanagon.

We do not know yet if he will build any. He likes the portable design specs I gave him as he has had boaters asking for a portable set up, too, so they can take only when needed. My guess is the heaters will be priced close to the plat cats...aroung $400-500, but that's a pure guess at this point. steve