Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 May 2000 11:15:38 -0700
From:         Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG>
Subject:      [Fwd: [Syncro] Dual Syncro Fuel Tanks & Skid Plate]

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [Syncro] Dual Syncro Fuel Tanks & Skid Plate Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 21:37:50 -0700 From: adam f grove <roverini@juno.com> To: Syncro@egroups.com

Greetings all,

Steve, thanks so much for pointing out that Karyn and I are 100th on the registry. Just dumb luck I guess. Your site is wonderful!!

I have been spordically on the list in the past and now am on full time.

We got the van with the modifications made by the PO and to tell you the truth I haven't ever had the skid plate off to really check things out. The problem is that the van, my wife and daughter are in Alaska and I am in Seattle going to school so I don't see any of the three very often. This summer though, I intend to make up for all that missed time since I will have this summer off from school.

As far as the propane goes - there is another tank behind the stock one - same size etc and it is plumbed in with the original. There are two fillers though.

The extra fuel tank sits behind the front axle on the passenger side and fills through the conventional 2wd vanagon filler - Every syncro has that sheetmetal indent I believe. It makes a real slick set up. There is an auxillary pump with a switch on the dash. The pump moves the gas from the reserve tank into the rear tank. I don't recall at this point how much the spare tank holds - I think it is 12 or 15 gallons. One summer project is to wire the gage onthe dash to tell me how much fuel is in the reserve tank when I flip the switch. Now you just let it run til the tone of thepump changes indicating it is running dry.

The belly pan is made of heavy gage steel and is bolted to the frame rails and extends axle to axle and up the sides to the body. It makes the sncro look really squatty but maybe some 15" wheels can help that?

The rest of the van is pretty standard. It has the european hitch on the back which matches the one on our Mercedes Gelaendewagen so when I made a plug to convert the US wirei lom to the European, I really felt it was worthwhile.

I really enjoy the list and will probalby start pelting it with questions once I head back north here the end of June and start working on the van.

Adam, Karyn and Kivalina Anchorage AK (and Seattle till 2002) 91 Syncro Westy 73 Westy (going up for sale so we can keep the Syncro) 1980 Mercedes Gwagen (230G) A few saabs and a Mercedes 300TD (some of these have to go too!)

________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls! http://click.egroups.com/1/2567/3/_/527143/_/957760849/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------