Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 2000 14:12:38 -0700
From:         lp <lphm@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: alternator bracket
Comments: cc: Karl M <thewestyman@mindspring.com>

I thought about welding it, but decided I didn't want to mess with a part that involves studs that are (a) difficult to access and (b) are part of the engine. I really don't want to introduce anything that might eventually damage these and maybe result in a horrorshow donwn the line. In fact, I thought about this, then decided to search the archives to see if I could find any more info, and came up with a couple of interesting postings that seemed to confirm my paranoia:

----- Original Message ----- From: Karl M <thewestyman@mindspring.com> To: lp <lphm@HOTMAIL.COM>; <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: May 12, 2000 12:54 PM Subject: Re: alternator bracket