Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 2000 17:12:50 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Re: I-Opener and GPS: How goes it?
Comments: To: "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>

Yes - there is a little progress with my IOpener. I am going to put it in my VANAGON.

1. My IOpener has been delivered to its "transfer point" in the US (as they do not sell/ship to Canadian destinations;

2. I have the correct cable to connect a laptop HD to the IDE connector in the IOpener;

3. I have a notebook HD to desktop HD adapter;

4. I have the image of the original OS, the original Bios, a special QNX bios flashing program etc - all the essentials to do the hack (purely in SW now, BTW)

5. Somebody stole my notebook HD from work ( I just noticed it today);

6. The IOpener should arrive in the next week or so from the US.

Hope y'all found this to be interesting.

FWIW, if you can buy an IOpener from CompUSA or Circuit City, without signing up a "Terms of Service" contract DO IT! It's the best $99.00 you'll spend.

They have made a few changes to the product to make it "unhackable", but it's actually gotten easier, as experience and numbers of users doing it has grown.

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy