Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 2000 13:04:28 -0700
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: Re: Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs

At 09:30 AM 05/12/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Data,Data,Data. >Yada,Yada,Yada. >Doktor,Tim, >Have you ever, broadened your horizons and, ventured out of your bubble >and experimented, with any thing new, and improved?

Yes, indeed. Rule of thumb, if data is not available, you must either run the experiment your self or accept repeated experience that proves there is great risk in acting upon claims and testamonial that have no basis in unbiased facts. The other extreme is, you buy into every wizbang claim and apply it, then convince yourself of your wizdom and seek justification from others with an unreasoned argument. In the most extreme examples, you get Jim Jones and Adolph Hitler.

>Blow out the candles, knock down the out house, and get rid of the horse >and carriage !

Yes, and throw the baby out with the bathwater while your at it.

>It's the year 2000, not 1900!!!

The principles I speak of have been basically unchanged since Adam. Truth does not change with public opinion. Only the perception of false as true changes. We are definatly in a downward course as we ignore more values of universal nature.

>I've also been using these plugs and they work fine.

As I asked someone else, what problems were you having with the stock plugs that compelled you to change.

Are you demanding that I validate what I know to be irrational behavior? Spending three times the money for something that can in no way give three times the value is anti-thema to me. I am happy to allow you your contrary opinion. I can remember so long ago when my ignorance would have allowed such so I'm not casting stones, unless you perceive facts as stones. How about some reciprocity for me? You can demand all you want but without reason, I remain steadfastly unconvinced of the validity of your economics (value).

T.P. Stephens San Juan Island, WA