Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 May 2000 11:30:44 -0700
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Nutshelling WIZBANG

At 06:33 AM 05/13/2000 EDT, you wrote: ><< Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs >> > Seat of the pants for sure ! I have no data. All I can tell you I've >owned my '87 Westy for close to six years. It had spec plugs in it when I >bought it. I changed them for another fresh set of spec plugs. When I heard >about the Bosch Platinum's from someone on this List three years ago, I got a >set at great expense and tried them. The engine seemed to run a whole lot >better or maybe I was just trying to convince myself that the expense of the >expensive plugs was worth it. Either way the engine runs great and I feel >great so to me that justifies the expense! <snip> >http://http://onward.to/frankcondelli >Want to win $10,000? Click to enter!!

Buy wizbang, justify wizbang, sell wizbang, in that order.

Superb, that's the nut shell, folks. This is the foundation of wizbang economy. If it makes you feel great, it's justified. Pass me the pipe, I want to feel high. Is it any wonder whatsoever that 12 year olds are emulating this "ethic"? As far as I'm concerned, if that is the majority view, damn the law, that 12 year old is just as justified in moving up the ladder to the needle before he quits high school 'cause he's not having fun in class. And the pusher is justified 'cause he is the source of good feelings, and he deserves to make a profit and succeed. And if feelgood=value then feelbetter=morevalue. And subjective/objective does not get taught. And the people that put nose to the grindstone and succeed in accomplishing objective goals creating earned value are a lesser form of life than those who sell subjective ideas in the form of wizbang and make big bucks and are therefore perceived as having higher value, for the majority pursues money which makes us feel good which is value.

Everyone knows platimun is more noble than copper. Sell the idea. Seems right, must be longer lasting, quicker starts, better milage, cleaner burning, and every spark sends a prayer to heaven. Here's my money, you sold me. Don't confuse me with the facts before I buy, and make darned sure you don't pop my wisdom bubble after I have spent my money by reporting independant test results. Don't confuse me with the facts 'cause that makes me feel bad, ergo, facts=negative value. Damn you Doktor Tim, your attacking the foundations of the fastest growing economic expansion the world has ever known. It's a foundation of sand, and the further we push it, the greater the risk of a new Dark Age of death and misery for the masses.

Objective economics is the scientific proof of less energy/effort in, more BTU's out. It has become a subjective ecomonics with less effort put out, more illusion sold and it can only lead to a chill in the abscence of sufficient BTU's.

The method of objective proof developed and demonstrated by DeCarte was the means to closing the last Dark Age and the foundation of the industrial revolution and the DM itself. There has always been snake oyl to buy, the South Sea Bubble etal. But you used to have to spent several weeks feeding the horses and traveling from village to village to find enough fools to sell out the stock. Now with a push of the button, every fool in every village is obtainable at the speed of light with the only overhead a computer costing one months wages for a HS dropout at a fast food restaurant.

Anyone who wants more of this kind of tripe, p-mail me. To the relief of the majority, I will not burdon you with more discussion of this type with submittals to the list general. Always appreciate feedback, good, bad or ugly.

Regards,

T.P. Stephens San Juan Island, WA