Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 May 2000 16:30:13 -0700
From:         t <vbob@PRIMENET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nutshelling WIZBANG

Needless to say, herr Doktor, the majority of folks who wound up on Heroin in a sad excuse for a life, started not on pot as you suggest, but on alcohol.

I agree with the rest of your diatribe. I have trised platinums, they work OK. Probably keep me from changing the plugs in my Toyota as often as I should. The motor I bought from Ken Wilfey for my 84 vanagon had Bosch 3 prongers in it. That is still what is in it. Runs well and I'll change them when I do the next tune up.

I am one to mostly put back in pieces that came with the vehicle. I think the german engineers have rung most of what they can out of this mill with stock pistons and cylinders. Any change is a compromise. Vanagons are a lot like photography. A lot of well worn misconceptions and a few good proven ways to get the best results.

tim