Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 May 2000 21:41:05 -0400
From:         Bob Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET>
Subject:      Re: Instant Horse Power Update
Comments: To: Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>

Doktor Tim wrote: > > At 10:22 AM 05/12/2000 EDT, you wrote: > >all this sounds fine on paper, but do you really think the owner is going to > >spend extra time and money on a dyno test and 0-60 times to substanciate > >claims by a vender? > > He said himself, "$359.00. So what?" I took that to mean cost was not an > obstacle to his goal. I don't think it is reasonable for ME to run the > experiment and bear the expence in time/money, 'cause these 40% claims have > been bandied about by various and sundry for years and years, and I have > enough personal experience that tells me, don't buy based upon claims and > seat of the pants testamonial by unknown speakers, more especially when > those are paid testamonials on infomertials or patent attempts to justify > the wisdom of unreasoned actions. > > I believe his idea is a farce. I answered with a farce, a satire, in an > attempt to make him reconsider if another altunative might be a reasonable > option ie, save your money or put your money where your mouth is. Just > don't expect me to validate behavior I consider irrational 'cause his ego > demands it. > > I could have just said, "Bullshit!", but that's no fun at all and has no > chance of expressing reason, therefore, is of questionable value to anyone. > > Thank you for the feedback, > > T.P. Stephens > San Juan Island, WA]

I must agree with the good doktor Tim the rockers alone could give you 10 persent as I have seen in the air cooled type 1 engines. The idea that the vanagon fuel injection system has been detuned and that the chip will correct this detuning is just so much B.S. Boston Bob