Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 May 2000 08:56:51 -0400
From:         Todd Kaderabek <todd@LARKBOOKS.COM>
Subject:      hot air

Not surprisingly, I haven't gotten around to fixing (or diagnosing) my front fan problem, which I detailed last week. In lieu of this, I've been maximizing my other sources of air: opened the side vent windows (so much for conversation); sometimes running the AC on the lowest setting, which provides a surprising amount of comfort, although I suspect the flow of "cool" air is the same on any of the dial settings; and finally, I turned the rear heater off, and had planned to use that for air flow. However, my choices in air temperature from that unit seem to be warm and warmer. Anyone else have this problem? I was thinking that maybe the unit is just close enough to the engine that it might not have the ability to output somewhat cool, fresh air. Thoughts?

Also, my speedometer went on the blink, which I don't really care about. But, I was wondering, if I ever do decide (like in August) to fix (or have fixed) the fan problem, would fixing the speedo at the same time represent a cost savings?

Thanks as always.

TJK

Incidentally, I'm committing the ultimate Land Cruiser sacrilege this weekend: attending a Land Cruiser outing sans Land Cruiser, and with Vanagon. Ha! The Great Smokey Mountain Trail ride is this week in Tellico, TN, and I can't bear to take my truck on those trails. And it just seems silly to sleep uncomfortably all weekend in the back of my (I'll admit, pristine) Land Cruiser, when I have a Vanagon. I'll be very unpopular for sure, but my partner's ride is a 1972 FJ55, so I hope that will distract folks from asking where my truck is, and what the hell that vehicle is that I'm driving. But I digress...

TJK --