Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 May 2000 04:51:23 -0400
From:         Tom and Dana Cates <dcates1@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cool accessory -- not politically correct

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doktor Tim" <doktortim@rockisland.com> To: "Tom and Dana Cates" <dcates1@home.com> Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 11:11 PM Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Cool accessory -- not politically correct

URGENT WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

A Report has been received in this quarter that is largely unintelligible, and frankly shocking. While the author would prefer to remain anonymous, he has for his own mysterious purposes clearly advertised his own name.....the reasons for this are many and varied and we will speak of them later.

If you do not appreciate Gonzo Humor, save me and you the trouble of getting my ass stomped and quit reading now.

> At 09:30 PM 05/18/2000 -0400, I wrote: > >Herr Doktor, > > > >Tourists, you say? > > > >Tom Cates > >83 Westfalia 'Hammurabi'

And Herr Doktor Replied; > > When I was a workin' in the bush east of Ketchican, I carred a Ruger Super > Blackhawk. I was amazed at how accurate it was. Them take-down bigbores do > look ideal for Grizzly country or downtown DC. If I was trippin' in da bus > in unknown territories of questionalble nature, it looks ideal for a > storage travel weapon if there might be any Bozos about thinking I'm their > problem. > > Definatly I'd carry one, assembled and ready, in Littlerock or other > fatherraper haunts. The teardown feature is superb, but the bore is larger > than practical, just not necessary, south of the Canuk boarder. > > I have a German .380 auto for personal carry, and for a storage on-bus and > travel, a pump .22mag carbine would be nice for plinking everything up to > medium deer sized critters, boobs and such. Gimme 06 for the universal > caliber load, cause you can get a lorger variety of loads than any other I > am aware of. All the guys around here saying you gotta have a magnum for > elk just can't shoot very well. Rare that they drop an animal even with a > mag in one shot. > > A .22 behind the ear of the deer will kill them just as dead as a cannon. > Very few practice enough to have a smooth pull everytime, calm and casual > at all even when bone tired, of know how to greatly increase their chances > of a good shot, and don't shoot 'till it is a good shot. I don't hunt with > people that gut shoot animals. > > When it comes to taking Big Bozos, that's when I don't take chances. .458 > WinchesterMukMukMagnum, and then I go for the gut. It's just fun trailing > along the bood trail, not pushing 'em too hard, till they finally can't get > up no more. Always finish them, after they doze off in agony, with the > knife. That big bore ammo is getting spendy. I want to get the most clowns > with the least cartridges and not waste any extra pennies on foolishness. > > But back to the tourists. I take them right offa the streets with my > Mercedes. It's amazing how hard you have to hit them to kill them with one > blow. I still haven't knocked all the dents out from last years hunt. I've > promised myself not to take mixed bags this year. Just fat Californicators. > I don't know if you've ever seen one, but they do look alot like > Cro-Magagnons unless you know what to look for. > T.P. Stephens > San Juan Island, WA >