Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 May 2000 11:02:38 -0700
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dash mounted Hula Dancer?

At 10:15 AM 05/16/2000 -0500, you wrote: >The other day on the way into Home Depot. I noticed an older Bay Window in >decent shape. Upon walking by it I notice a Dash Mounted Hula Dancer, I >assume it bobs and dances as you drive. Seems like a perfect Dash >Accessory. Does anyone know of somewhere on the web that sells such a >thing?

I am quite sure I have seen same available from American Science and Surplus from time to time. Any neo-Renaissance tinkerer will find a great source of all things experimental available, and much indeed at liquidation pricing.

Following is commentary only. If you think or believe you have achieved perfection, please delete, then e-mail me and tell me how you did it. I will liquidate and send you all my money if I can demonstrate efficacy of your methode. It might be as simple as contemplation of the dashtop hula dancer. There is much truth in the simple reaction of a spring. How do you perceive that which is before you, but casts no image. Try.

Yes, wizbang can be good, if it don't cost a lota time/money, does not detract from functional results, and provides intrinsic value in and of itself. If the Chinese trade agreement happens we will be trading for items which require low cost materials and but a modicrum of tolerancing and paying for same with high specification precise technology. If they can demonstrate ability to stamp out cheap steel, I will hire them to produce my dashtop push button popup Bozos and Pokemons. I know they have demonstrated high knowledge and skill with enamels already, so the paint won't chip off any time soon if they use their proven abilities for prep and application.

But I would never trade them high technology for low value products at a 1:1 ratio. Even if we trade one precision lathe for ten shiploads of servicable hula dancers, I will be here to question the rationality of the deal makers of the west, and wonder at the profound skill of the Chinese negotiators. T.P. Stephens San Juan Island, WA