Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 May 2000 13:25:28 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: Not this thread again!!!!!! (WAS: Cool accessory --
              notpolitical ly  correct)
Comments: To: drillock@earthlink.net

At 13:16 5/19/2000, Mark Drillock wrote: >I strenuously object to this proposal as offered. I do not see the need >for religious/political/philosophical topics at all as we can all find >forums devoted to these subjects if we feel the need. However, picking >on one subset of ideas for some special banishment is not called for or >desirable IMHO. We should instead call for general restraint and keep to >the topics for which this list exists. Of course this is Friday so a

Good points, Mark. And I have to say that I personally don't mind much *what* the list talks about -- I find most of it interesting regardless, including various views re guns.

But I have also seen this particular subject disturb the peace of the list on two occasions now (which in my experience puts it even with religion and several behind list vendors -- except that in the case of guns the disturbance seems deeper and longer-lasting). So I think it's worth putting forward as a point of departure and to stimulate opinions such as those you've just expressed.

david David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"