Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 May 2000 13:26:39 -0400
From:         Pat Collins <collins.90@OSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: WHy

The people I worry about are those who carry guns for self-defense and consider that their only means of self-defense. Self-defense is more then having a weapon at your disposle and more than likely your not going to have time to get your gun out during a confrontation. Check out the local chapter of IMPACT (www.bamm.org is an example) if you want to learn practicle self-defense that doesn't take years to learn.

Pat N8VW 84 GL

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 11:23:05AM -0400, Rico Sapolich wrote: > In a message dated 5/19/00 9:38:33 AM, h.spoelstra@WBR.NU writes: > > << Why do you guys keep guns in your cars? > > Wanna be oh so cool..? > >> > > I guess it has something to do with the survival instinct. > > I have the honor of knowing a great man who has been a highly-degreed Black > Belt for more than 35 years. He has traveled to Korea solely to master his > skill. Having evolved out of Center City Philly he was tough to begin with > but, he says his study of Karate has taught him what true grit really is. > Anyway, we were vacationing together the week Nixon resigned. During that > trip, he showed me a beatifully-made, stainless steel Colt .45 which he had > brought along. Although I could not criticize him for packing a firearm, I > was curious why a man of his prowess would find it necessary. He said > something like: Look, I don't worry about anyone who is within my extended > reach but, when I am with my wife and baby I want to make certain that no > asshole 30 Ft. away, holding a cheap .32 is going to be them any harm. > > This was from a man of great temperance who feared no one; not some > pencil-necked pussy who has just seen his first Rambo movie. So, I am not > going to argue with his reasoning. For me, that is WHy. > > But, I go along with Herr Doktor as to what to carry. I find a Walther .380 > in stainless is just about right. > > Righ >