Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 May 2000 09:23:39 -0700
From:         Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW ETKA cd
Comments: To: FrankGRUN@AOL.COM

I have to give a big ME TOO! It took almost 30 hrs (several disconnects when I left it unattended over night) I got it, unzipped it, used WinImage to extract the image. Burned a Cd on my new Cd burner with Easy CD3.5c. Then I put the original .Zip, winImage & WinZip on the extra space. Then I reset all the Win2K properties to large icons & large fonts, set my res to 1280, and now it ROCKS

This is SOOO freakin cool. I love it when the consumer (especially me) becomes empowered. No more scrubbin grease off little parts to find elusive parts numbers. No more dealing with irritating sales people as they try to hunt a number for a .35 screw....

Now I have to learn German so I can use the help files though ;)

THANK YOU! mark

--- Frank Grunthaner <FrankGRUN@AOL.COM> wrote: > Dominique and fellow listees, > > In view of recent posts which have a negative tone > and which could result in > considerable support time requests from Dominique, I > felt the need to make > some comments. > > First, I downloaded the zip file from Dominique's > site to my PowerMac G4, > unzipped with Stuffit Expander 5.5 (Mac program) > then burned a CD using Toast > 4.1 (Mac program) and run the CD on all my Mac > platforms with Virtual PC > (2.13 to 3.03) under Windows 98. The only difficulty > has been the 1280 pixel > window requirement which cannot be supported by my > Powerbook G3 LCD screen. > Nonetheless, the scroll window features built into > Virtual PC make it useable > even under those conditions. > > Second, the program is far more useful than the > factory microfiche or the > parts books (I have copies of all). The utility > comes from the part numbers, > the searchable data base, and the ability to print > the diagrams. > > Finally, I must say that Dominique has done the list > a major service in > posting the image to the list. This is clearly an > information service and has > no financial or commercial bias. While I am sure > that the threat of our 21st > century endemic social virus (the legal > establishment) will have several > negative statements to issue, I want to applaud > Dominique for making the file > available (with all the time impact it has caused). > > Thanks again, > > Frank Grunthaner > > PS: If my obvious negative bias towards the legal > establishment shows, its > just related to the first draft of my text "The > Decline and Fall of Western > Civilization" nearing completion. >

===== Mark

87 Westfalia Gl 84 Scirocco 8v

http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/