Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 May 2000 11:08:05 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@SWIPNET.SE>
Subject:      Plexiglass, was: Tinted windows, longish

Hi Larry, Mike, Tom AND the rest of you all !

I got some p-mail as a reaction on my "tinted windows" letter with questions on the plexiglass shield, how to fasten, web page and so on ! I hope you donīt mind if I post the answer to the community instead of person to person ! The only contact Iīve had with the company was asking for the price of a set just after I bought the Vanagon. I got the usual sales talk (easy to put in and out, how efficient they were and so on) plus the price which at that point was a bit too high for me so I just dropped the project and bought the self adhesive windowtint instead. But the idea itself appeals to me so Iīm probably going to buy some clear plexi and new tint and redo it, the old tint is getting a bit worn down by my dogs ( Belgian Shepherd Tervueren). Then I could choose the colour of tint too, here in sweden its sold in "black", dark brown, dark blue, tan,almost clear and aluminum that gives the window the "mirror " effect (rather ugly, if itīs not perfectly flush) The plexi itself should not be too expensive and I donīt think itīs a big deal to get it fastened with thin metal pieces pressed down between the rubber seal and the window, no drilling or damaging ! But for those of you who want to see the factory made solution and how they do it the company call themselves "Solarplexius" and are to be found at www.solarplexius.com ( the page is in Swedish , I donīt know if theyīll answer e-mail or send material in english otherwise we could have language lessions in Swedish - on fridays ;-) - or I could try to translate )

Cheers Calle -88 Vanagon Mullhyttan Sweden

BTW >>Tak so myuket, (spelling???) >> Itīs absolutely understandable, but since you asked the spelling should be Tack så mycket :)