Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 May 2000 00:51:52 -0700
From:         Garrett Adams <gadams@JPS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Delicate Question? Has anybody installed a ...

Bob,

First I've got to ask - are you Chris Elliot's famous father?

Now let's move into the bathroom. I was only thinking of the Vanagon floor plan. You're correct that the Eurovan is a couple of feet longer. However its' area from the front seats to rear hatch are about the same since those two extra feet contain the engine sticking out in front.

If you choose a Eurovan Camper (Winnebago) you will be limited to interior space left over after the camper conversion. Many EVC users store their PortaPotti's in the center slot underneath the downstairs rear bed support. Stored there would normally require you exit the van, open the rear hatch, extract the toilet and move it back into the main cabin. An alternative would be to reach over the rear seat back and remove the bed cushions and center support, and pull out the toilet. A rather awkward procedure. Others Eurovan owners (as well as Vanagon users) store their toilets in the main cabin area, usually behind the passenger seat or up against the rear seat kick plate. Mine is secured in my upstairs bed/storage area (I have a fiberglass high top camper).

If you buy the bare Eurovan in order to do your own custom conversion it will have a shorter wheelbase. VW makes the 17 foot chassis to accommodate the Winnebago conversion.

If you're serious about buying an EVC I suggest you follow the Eurovan list at: http://www.egroups.com/ev_update There is heavy EVC traffic going on there.

Garrett Adams 83.5 Adventurewagen GL Stockton, California