Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 May 2000 08:33:52 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM>
Subject:      Back from Road Trip 2000

Hi folks,

Just in case anyone missed me, I'm back on the list after a two week absence. I was so pushed for time before leaving I neglected to send a message to the list that I was signing off, as well as thanking all of you who sent me your suggestions for things to see and do in the great American Southwest!

We had a great time, covered 5200 miles and most of the high spots, including Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Indian Country of the four corners area (Canyon De Chelley, Chaco Canyon, Hubble Trading Post, Navaho National Monument, Monument Valley, and Mesa Verde) Albuquerque, Santa Fe (plus Georgia O'Keefee country), Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, and finishing up with a stop in Sun Valley just for the heck of it.

Next vacation will most likely be spending some time R&R sitting in one place for awhile!

No Vanagon problems, my used engine ran great, but I do have some notes on temperature and oil pressure regarding the 2.1 engine swap. More on this later, but suffice it to say for now that it definitely runs hotter, and so does the oil. I had to remove the external cooler the PO installed due to an oil line failure the day before the trip, but I will definitely be replacing it, and with as clean an installation as I can come up with.

Good to be back! (Okay, I'm lying.) -- Stuart MacMillan Manager, Case Program 800-909-8244 ext. 8208 Fax: 206-269-6360

Getting your share of the Net yet? http://cobaltgroup.com http://UsedEquipNet.com