Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Jun 2000 18:28:50 -0700
From:         Choreboy <choreboy@CNMNETWORK.COM>
Subject:      gas fumes/injectors

Yes, Karl and everybody else, this is quite a bit of wit and wisdom, and, though not the most dexterous way of repairing this fuel leak, it worked so far. I did relieve the fuel pressure, removed the injector in question and slid a rubber (heater) hose over it. The leak is gone, and there was no damage to the rail or anything else. The only problem: This would not pass the "DM" certification if old Doc Tim had his way. At all. So how do I replace that rubber at the injector??? VW dealership told me I needed to buy an entire outfit of an injector: $106.00 +tax, a-ootch!. Karl mentioned a 6mm high -pressure hose, but do you just slide this over, too or what? Cause I don't see how to remove and replace the stock hose, which seems to be glued to the injector body. Any help appreciated. Really.

Choreboy '84 Wolfboxer