Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:47:38 CDT
From:         Alli Dahlin <treetop_84@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Question about starters

Hi all...I had emailed the list a few weeks ago regarding my '84 that won't start. A few of you thought it was due to the battery, but I checked it with a voltage tester and it seemed OK.

My boyfriend's first thought was the starter, so I guess we are going to try that. My question is- is there a particular brand I should buy or anything specific I should know when I go to buy one? I was looking in the archives today, but couldn't find anything (althought I didn't look that hard), but I did see some info on the ignition switch, so we'll look at that too.

What does everyone else think? The van doesn't turn over, all lights work, radio works, etc. Starter or something else? All input is greatly appreciated!

Also while I'm thinking of it- I ordered grill clips from the Bus Depot for the lower grill that is currently not on my van. I don't know if I ordered the wrong ones or what (I only saw one type) but they are way too big and slip right through the holes on the grill. Am I suppose to put washers or something on the backs of them to prevent them from doing this? I was planning to call the Bus Depot tomorrow, but thought I'd tack this on with my first question in case I can save myself a phone call.

Thanks in advance!