Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Jun 2000 01:26:22 -0000
From:         Dave Bayer <daveb@CP.NET>
Subject:      Fwd:  Re: [VW-TDI] MIL light?
Comments: To: tdi-conversion@egroups.com

Hello- Anyone have a 97+ Jetta/Golf TDI that might be willing to check their car/owner's manual for me to answer this question? I'm in the middle of a conversion and am trying to figure out where tje engine malifunction light was located on these cars (for the reasons cited below). None of the dealer's in the sf bay area have a used car for meto look at myself (and the one service dept I stopped in culdn't recall)...

dave

--- In VW-TDI@egroups.com, Dave Bayer <daveb@c...> wrote: Ok, more on the MIL light... Looking in the Bentley for the 98 Jetta from which I have an engine, there is wire that comes off the EDM and runs to a T7 plug which in turn is supposed to eventually run to the K83 - the MIL light - (I think it was K83, the bentley is at home. A few pages later in the wiring diagram, there is another pin coming off the ECU, goes thru the fuse box and windows up at one of the pins on the instrument cluster. This pin runs down to Kxx which is labeled as the glow plug light.

Looking at the instrument cluster pin out (in the instrument cluster section of the bentley), there is one pin that is labeled "K83 MIL light, or Kxx glow plug light (diesel)". I assume this means that this pin is for the glow plug light in the diesel...

There aren't any used TDIs listed at any of the dealers here in the sf bay area and no tdis for me to look at either. Thus, I turn to my only other source of information on the wide world of North American Tdis ;)

dave --- End forwarded message ---