Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:12:33 -0400
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fridge burner LED
Comments: To: Puzerewski <Puzerewski@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

I have never been able to read the light in the daytime without cupping my hand over it: even after the fridge has been burning for hours but at night the fridge LED seems to burn just as brightly as the others. Because of this I'm not sure it being hard to see is not caused more by the color of the led just not showing up well in the daylight than by anything being wrong in the electronics. If so the cure is to simply replace the LED with another more visible color but under the "If it ain't broke don't fix it." rule perhaps the first thing to try is to change the color of that LED by tinting it with a thin wash of paint, heavily diluted with thinner or perhaps a concentrate of clothing die. I know this last works for tinting some plastics as I used to do it to simulate tinted windows on model cars I used to build. If these sound worth a try I would try the thin paint wash first. If you dont like what the paint does you can wash it off. Because the die works as a stain and not a paint, depending on what kind of plastic the LED is made from, that die will either go on forever or it wont go on at all. Also note that the color you end up with will be a MIXTURE of the LED color and the die color. Color 1 plus color 2 makes color 3. Apply the wrong color die and you may end up with a black LED. -----Original Message----- From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Puzerewski Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 4:33 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Fridge burner LED

Is it par for the course for the fridge LED (lower red under the red for water) to be real dim when the stove first lights and get brighter as it gets hotter in there??? I lit my fridge last night, and could see the flame in the sight hole, but could barely notice the LED. I was hoping it was brighter as to make it more obvious when success was achieved. Any suggs??

Adam Puzerewski 81 westy