Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:56:11 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Is It Cool To Be Cooler?
Comments: To: The Gunnings <ngunn@LANDMARKNET.NET>

Dave, Seems that the building full of engineers who designed the Vanagon could have easily chosen a 10 degree cooler thermostat. Unless you can find a really good reason to change from original specifications I would suggest not changing. As I understand it, there is an optimum engine operating temperature... below that is not so good for the engine... cooler is not always better. Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Gunnings" <ngunn@LANDMARKNET.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 9:12 AM Subject: Is It Cool To Be Cooler?