Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:32:33 -0400
From:         Southard Family <southard@GIS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Eurovan Radiator Fans not running
Comments: To: "ThingGuy@aol.com" <ThingGuy@aol.com>

Blown fuses! Thanks Steve. Found both of these 50A fuses were blown. What to do? Turns out they are the same fuse used on VW Diesels in the Glow Plug circuit. I had one spare that I had (with great foresight) added to a recent order from the Bus Depot. I swiped the other from my '84 Jetta TD, since the engine is being transplanted into Reinhardt. Bingo. Fan works. Will keep an eye on things to determine if something is causing the blown fuses, other than age (8 year old originals.) Will order a few more spares from BD. Thanks to everyone who made diagnostic suggestions!

Maynard '82 Westy Diesel "Reinhardt" '93 EV GL "Klinger" '00 Golf GLS TDI "WooHoo" '84 Jetta GL TD

On Sunday, June 11, 2000 4:30 PM, ThingGuy@aol.com [SMTP:ThingGuy@aol.com] wrote: > > Maynard, switch on the a/c and see if the fans come on. If they don't, then > it's likely the fuses. These are big guys you remove with a screwdriver, and > located under the battery cover. To check your resistors, you need to remove > the panel under your driver's side headlight. Some of this is coming back to > me after I went though a problem a few months ago. > > Steve Lashley