Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Jun 2000 04:21:32 -0700
From:         "Chris R. Rowland" <cr_rowland@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Westy questions & Tinkerbell sightings in Wisconsin

I have put more work into my '85 Beige Metallic Westy, Tinkerbell, than ever before preparing for my family's first real vanagon'ing trip to the frozen tundra, Wisconsin. The curtains and bedding covers have been washed. I replaced the little things that always bothered me; the stove stem, the right sliding screen, the skylight. I've patched the pop-top screen, although temporarily. I will change the oil, flush and fill the radiator and wash and wax her before the weeks end.

Currently my propane tank lay on the floor of my garage waiting for me to find a shop that will attach a new filler valve--without the tank attached to the van. I was really hoping to find a place that would do this but have had limited success so far.

I am also leary of flushing and filling my radiator. It needs it badly but I am concerned about the posts I read often about air in the system.

Also, how can the stove stem be replaced? Does the faceplate come off easily?

My family will be traveling through Lake Geneva, going by Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin, and staying a couple days in Devil's Lake before heading to the inlaws in Door County. Gives us a toot if we pass by. We'll be pulling a trailer with a Burley Rumba tandem behind us.

===== C. R. Rowland cr_rowland@yahoo.com

"No matter where you go, there you are."