Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:43:52 -0400
From:         Doug Alcock <dgalcock@HEWITT.COM>
Subject:      Anemic stove burners

Hi gang,

Went camping on the weekend ---- with a working fridge and stove for the first time. Used the one burner on the stove to toast breakfast bagels with the fridge going and all seemed fine. When I went to cook dinner I lit both burners and found the second (right-hand) one didn't want to stay lit and the left one was very week. I ended up turning the fridge off and cooking on one rather wimpy burner. I'd have thought I was out of propane except I re-lit the fridge (miracle!) and it ran for another 12 hours. Is this common?? Any ideas about what might be wrong?? I cleaned out the stove feed lines by poking a long zip tie down them --- is there a more thorough way to do this or do I have another problem???

Thanks, Doug '84 Westy Toronto, Canada