Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:03:08 -0400
From:         Tom and Dana Cates <dcates1@home.com>
Subject:      Full Moon in Joon Directions
          Chris <pearlgrl@bellsouth.net>,
          Chet and Kelly <xcskiing@hotmail.com>, Charles <cwebb@teleplex.net>,
          Buddah <buddahvw@hotmail.com>,
          Brent and Debbie <owlshoot@earthlink.net>,
          Bob Goggin <DEADEYE321@aol.com>, Ben <baslay111@webtv.net>,
          Bear <Vw_bear@yahoo.com>
Comments: cc: type2@type2.com, vintagebus <vintagebus@type2.com>

Hello All!

Well the weather This weekend looks like it is going to be GREAT!!!!!!

If you want to find the Lake Powhatan campground, drive like this ->

From exit two (practically in Asheville) on I-26 take 191 South; the Interstate exit sign says in small numbers 191 and in big letters Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a brown state recreational sign pointing the way; 6 Miles. (actually 4.5 by the fambly car, not official VW mileage)

Pass the Biltmore Square Mall, it will be visible on your left. Ingles will be on your right.

At either the fourth or fifth light, depending on which way you were coming from on I-26, turn Right at Bent Creek Branch Road. There is another brown state recreational sign at the intersection to guide you.

Travel on about 200 or 300 yards, there will be a sort of Y in the road. Bear to the left, as the brown state recreational sign indicates. I believe that at this Y the name of the road changes to Wesley Branch Road. I am not sure, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

Pass the North Carolina Arboretum.

Pass the Hard Times Trailhead.

The road goes straight into the campground.

WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNIN G!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!

The person staffing the gate tonight has indicated that the gates will be locked at 11PM, and no exceptions. I was very put off by her attitude so... The gate may be open anyway. What I don't see or hear I don't know if you know what I mean (You will be wearing your sunglasses, right?) Nod-Nod, Wink, >< SNIP><

Happy Camping,

Tom and Dana Cates

http://www.fullmoonbusclub.com